Sunday, May 23, 2010
Many thanks to Cheryl over at Little Bit Quirky for this wonderful award! Please, if you haven't found her site yet go check her out.
Now I am to share ten things about myself (or should it be me?) with you. I think that will be a challenge since just about everything about me can be found somewhere on my blog, I'm not known for holding much back. Here we go!
1. Here's one I haven't yet spilled on here.
Last boyfriend before husband was at the time the Secetary of State in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He's now a high ranking national government offical. At the time I didn't know a) he was taking kick backs for protecting El Cartel de Golfo (a major Mexican drug cartel). b) he was married.
2. Along the same lines, I once drove alone through Mexico and just happened to be stopped by the Mexican Army. They had no idea that the "Blonde American" knew exactly what smack they were talking. I pulled out boyfriend's card for them to examine. Suddenly there was a change of heart and I was escorted for the remainder of the drive into Monterrey.
3. When I was two I was in the newspaper for knowing all of the countries on the globe. Caveat was that it was a very small town paper and obviously a slow news day.
4. While most kids grew up with boats and motorcycles in their garages I grew up with airplanes and helicopters in mine.
5. Those lip prints on my motorcycle tank are mine. I kissed it with lipstick and the painter clear coated over them. Guess I can never sell it now. Who's gonna want my lip prints on their bike?
6. I really want to go to Greece.
7. I may have leukemia.
8. I'll get almost anything for my grandkids while telling my kids "you have legs."
9. I hold my kids' feet to the fire and make them actually take responsibility for their actions.
10. The best year and worst year of my life was the year between my mom being killed and my dad dying.
Thank you again Cheryl!