Saturday, August 7, 2010
Maybe that should have been titled Thoughts, terror and thanks. Oh well, tonight it's done and I'm just not going to change it.
- I have a sore throat and it's really pissing me off.
- Can twizzlers and wine be considered dinner? Or is that just plain trashy?
- How young is too young to pack your kid's bags, put them on the porch and change the locks?
- I must be a really bad mom to even think that.
- Who cares? I thought it.
- I'm glad Christy is public again.
- Wine's gone but I'm still eating twizzlers.
- I'm extremely PISSED that the police can't find the scumbag that hurt my grandson, serve the search warrant and arrest the pig.
- I hope the HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH that left my son on the road for dead after he ran him over with his crappy Rav4 gets the max sentence! Trial is the 24th
- Leaving tomorrow on the harleys for Spokane. Ever since that "lady" ran me over I always have this fear that whatever ride I take will be my last ride.
- That the mid-terms will suck. I don't see that happening, but I didn't see 08 happening either.
- That my grandson has to testify.
- That my grandson has to go through life scarred.
- Do you usually write your posts in Word or directly in blogger?
- Snowbrush because I just love him, that's why. I think he gets me and even though I've never met him he holds a dear place in my heart.
- Gucci Mama because she requested something and made me feel young and beautiful.
- Sage because he keeps it real and me informed.
- The Queen of WTF? because she makes me laugh.
- Holly because she gave me this cool award. Thank you Holly!
The Steel Magnolia Award
The name of this is pretty obvious. The recipients of this award are pretty tough, looking bad situations in the face, and staring it down.
1) Let us know who gave you the award.
It was Holly :) Thank you Holly. I guess you've read my life pretty well. Sometimes though, just sometimes I feel the steel cracking.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Which character of the movie Steel Magnolias are you most like and why. (If you haven't seen the movie, you've been sorely deprived of one of the greatest women's flicks of all time.)
It's been so long since I've seen it, but I guess I'd have to pick Shirley Maclaine just because she's an awesome actress even though she's a bit on the weird side and WAY older than me! Just so that's clear!
4) Nominate anyone. I don't care how many, for the award. Remember to comment on their blog to let them know that you've passed this award on to them.
On this one I'm only going to nominate one person. That is going to be my daughter, Karli. She's been through some of the most unimaginable situations in her short 28 years: Stalker, rape, her son died, her best friend and confident was killed, two babies born three months early. They spent three months each in the NICU. And she's had no less than 15 abdominal surgeries in the last five years, she at her lifetime maximum on CT scans and the ER knows her by name. I would tell you more but since there is an active investigation going on I can't. And she has to have me as her mother, and I'm crazy according to some.
I have to apologize for this being not as upbeat as usual, but there are so many things swirling in my life right now, I'm having a difficult time at the moment, it's only for a moment. Tomorrow will be better.