Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Did I Really Have To Touch Her Boob?

Monday, October 10, 2011

Turns out I really did have to touch her boob, well both of them actually. This afternoon My daughter in law, Sara, and I made a cast of her pregnant belly.

Her job was to cover herself in some sort of goo so the plaster wouldn't stick to her skin. My job was to apply the plaster strips and smooth them out. She said "Not even my mom sees my boobs!"

I told her I wouldn't look, we'd just slap the first two pieces of plastering strips on and then she'd be fine.

We got everything ready then she had to sit in my bathroom half naked while I tried to get the strips on her quickly.

Well it worked. We have a pregnant belly plaster cast. Kind of important since they baby's measuring big and she was at the hospital last night with pre term labor.

After the belly cast we found out Sara had never changed a diaper. Diaper changing was taught today along with baby swaddling. Poor Sara, she has no idea what she's in for.

I don't think Auntie Nikki wants to babysit.

16 comments:

Karen Mortensen October 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Looks like fun. Good luck with the baby.

Rob-bear October 10, 2011 at 10:21 PM

This is all so cute. And fun. And family. Hope the birth goes well.
And that smart Nikki! She knows how to get across the "I'm not baby sitting" message. (But I'll bet she'll do it once in a while, and do a great job.)
Blessings and Bear hugs to Sara, and the baby. I think Sara's in a very loving environment; good for her and the baby — and hubby/son, too.

jen October 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I want a picture of the finished cast. What a great idea. Wish I'd done this with each of my kids to see how much bigger I got with each successive pregnancy. Bet it was a lot.!

Singedwingangel October 10, 2011 at 10:24 PM

How cute.. man I am so jealous of all the things they have out now for pregnant women. sighs.. I just have to live vicariously through them I suppose..

MarkD60 October 11, 2011 at 5:29 AM

Wow! That is really cool! Are you going to show us the mold when it dries?

W.C.Camp October 11, 2011 at 6:09 AM

I tried to cast a plaster mold of my head but it was so pointy we ended up using the cast as a bud vase? Looks like a fun idea but how do you store that fragile cast? W.C.C.

The Bipolar Diva October 11, 2011 at 8:17 AM

WWC;

They're pretty darn sturdy. She'll paint it and hang it on the wall I think.

The Bipolar Diva October 11, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Mark;

Of course! She still has some work to do on it though..

Jessica Warrick October 11, 2011 at 9:22 AM

your such a great grandma im sure that your daughter in law is appreciating all your help

The Random Blogette October 11, 2011 at 9:23 AM

This is too cute! Plaster belly casting wasn't a big thing when I was pregnant and I am so jealous that i didn't get to do it. I didn't even take very many pictures of my bump either. It looks like she will be a great mom. You have to have a good sense of humor as a parent.

Recovering Church Lady October 11, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Very cool! Cannot wait to be a grandma!

Dazee Dreamer October 11, 2011 at 5:24 PM

what an awesome mother in law you are.

Nolie October 11, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Oh boy! Let the fun begin.

Brigett October 12, 2011 at 12:59 AM

She was a great sport about it!! She's so cute and tiny everywhere else. Ahhh youth! Hope the delivery goes well for her.

Allyson & Jere October 17, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Thank goodness you're around to teach her how to diaper a baby. I love the plaster cast thing. I could only WISH I'd ever look that adorable and teency pregnant. Her perfect pregnant belly makes me jealous. I just look like a much fatter version of myself. hahahah My babies like to lay somewhere around my lower spine or something. Anyway, I too want to see a picture of the finished cast.