Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

The Longest Day

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Did a little business this morning and had a nice, fresh latte. Then hopped, or rather, slid, into my car and started off to complete the tasks at hand.

First I had to drive to freaking Yamhill County to retrieve Jeff's belongings from the Sheriff's office. That took time, well finding the place first, then the deputy hadn't filed out a report yet. The woman I was speaking to told me everything I was describing had come in, but since there was no report she couldn't release it to me. And also since Jeff wasn't there to give his consent, it got a little more sticky.

Finally, they decided a verbal ok from Jeff was good enough to release his possessions, all but the ammo that was in his glock. They would give me the glock, and the magazine, just not the the same visit, I'd have to return.

I said, "you have  to be kidding me! I have a concealed permit, I realize you have to walk me out of the court house with the gun, but I have a fully loaded weapon in my car, AND that's 40SW ammo you're holding onto, and that's not cheap."

She made a couple of calls, and they decided it would be ok to give me everything, including the ammo, out of the magazine. That' s the good thing about small town Sheriff's offices. They make it work. Would have never happened in Portland.

Then I drove to the tow yard to get more things, most importantly, his glasses. I saw the bike and it looked really, really good. The tow truck guy was awesome. Every credit card and every piece of change was still in the bike. When Cole totaled his Civic a few years ago, the company that towed it, somehow managed to "lose" the wheels. Yeah.

After many hours I was on my way back to town and had to drop off CDs at the ortho office, go to the bank, and found a cool, open box deal on a flat screen TV for the office, along with Apple TV. So now he can watch Netflix, read his email, whatever he wants. I really need to go through it all and figure it out, but I'm brain dead.

Finally I stopped for burgers and drove home.

We ate, talked, and then made the decision Jeff needed to be cleaned before his doctor's appt tomorrow. Yes, that was interesting. Kids helped maneuver, mom washed and rinsed, kids kept eyes closed. He smells a little bit better not, not much, but a little bit.

I gave him his meds, grabbed the dog and I'm now in bed. What a day. You know what I just realized? I think I'm avoiding writing about the accident. Give me some time to process everything, and come to terms with what's happened, and I will tell you what I know, how I felt, how we saw things, the emotion, the reality.

In the mean time, enjoy this pic. Yes, you are right. She is MY dog, but she LOVES Jeff and has not left his side.




Andrea L May 2, 2013 at 4:03 AM  

Thinking of you, and praying for Jeff's quick recovery!

Momma Fargo May 2, 2013 at 4:31 AM  

Glad to hear he is home. Prayers for a fast recovery!

Mom May 2, 2013 at 6:59 AM  

Baby steps, baby steps. One day's projects already off your list. How does that hymn go...One day at a time, sweet Jesus, one day at a time.

Snowbrush May 2, 2013 at 8:57 AM  

I think female dogs often lean toward the man of the house, assuming the man of the house likes dogs. Somehow they see him as their protector moreso than the woman.

Rob-bear May 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM  

Glad you were able to collect everything, and get Jeff cleaned up, too.

I'm surprised you didn't know about the gun and ammo bit. I've had several police officers let me handle their guns. There is a rule: "Never give anyone a loaded gun." It's just a safety thing. Even sane people like this Bear might flip out. Or there could be an accident. So, give you the gun at one time, the ammo at another. Fortunately, they were able to understand the exceptional circumstances, and respond accordingly.

Hope Jeff continues to improve, and that tomorrow's meeting with the orthopod goes well.

Blessings and Bear hugs to everyone!
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

Susie - Walking Butterfly May 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM  

No hurry on our account. I am glad he is home and the Martini girl is doing her job.

Outcast May 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM  

Your dog is absolutely adorable Diva. That's actually a good story about the sheriff's office, that because the community is small and close knit they were able to as you say "make it work," and focus on it, hopefully things continue to move in a positive direction for you, Jeff and the rest of the family.

Red Shoes May 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM  

I'm so glad to hear that things are somewhat progressing...



Dazee Dreamer May 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM  

I bet you are really glad that you get to sleep in your own bed tho. I love when dogs are such healing agents.

W.C.Camp May 2, 2013 at 6:23 PM  

Wow loads of work. Good job in handling this stress. Proud of your family's tenacity and level heads in time of crisis - you're all doing great (Especially the dog). Best wishes to entire fam. W.C.C.

The Bipolar Diva May 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM  

Yes Rob, but what I couldn't understand was why they said I couldn't take the empty magazine, and the ammo in a bag. Doesn't make any sense to me, but that's how it ended up.

The Bipolar Diva May 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM  

You guys are awesome, thank you so much. I will come back and respond to you all, just can't do it tonight. ♥ Diva

Kelly May 3, 2013 at 4:46 AM  

Glad he's home and doing better :)

Hang in there!!


Princess Kate May 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM  

Thinking of you and your family. It at least sounds like things are getting somewhat better. Peace

Unknown May 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM  

Sounds like life is interesting to say the least- i might just stick x

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP